Monday 11 May 2015

A BIT OF GOOD NEWS


Amidst the flurry of exam stress (you know the type – weeping, panic buying highlighters, watching 6 back to back episodes of Made In Chelsea in order to pretend it’s not happening,) I received a little electronic message of joy.

An email popped into my inbox which was not actually from a) Groupon b) my tutor or c) LinkedIn. It was instead from next year’s editor of The Courier newspaper, informing me that I’d been chosen to be a Fashion Editor for the 2015/16 edition of the paper. A little tear of happiness MAY OR MAY NOT have escaped. 

I’ve written for The Courier newspaper since my first year of Uni and absolutely loved it, and the opportunity to be editor for the section I’m really passionate about is an absolute dream. Coveting a career in journalism means that while my dreams are exciting, they’re also bloody hard to reach. I’m more than aware that I need as much experience as possible to even think about knocking on the doors of my favourite publications, and I’m so thankful to those who recommended and picked me for helping me get one step closer. A special shout out has to go to my predecessor, blogger pal and good friend AmyO’Rourke for giving me a heap of advice and listening to me stress 24/7. She’s a gem.

I’m excited to see what being a Fashion Ed brings, and I’ll keep you updated,
Sara x
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. AHHHHH CONGRATULATIONS! That's awesome. If you ever write or create something about your reaction to being a fashion editor, please hashtag it #MayMakers! I'd love to see it and promote it!

    doitfortheirony.com / creative lifestyle blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah congratulations, this sounds like an amazing opportunity! Well done x
    Almsee x

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your lovely comments, i read and appreciate each one. If you comment i'll definitely check out your blog, however i'm not interested in following only for a follow back xo

© Studs On Saturday | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig