Sunday 28 August 2016

WEEKENDS IN HACKNEY: NETIL MARKET, LONDON FIELDS AND BROADWAY MARKET

Suede tan jacket – Vintage | Bralet – Topshop | Culottes – Missguided | Trainers – Nike Air Force 1 | Rucksack – Savida 
First up was Netil market, a teensy tiny market full of fashionable people. The market featured a wonderful spectacle shop full of glasses that wouldn’t go amiss in Urban and stalls of food/drinks to die for. A rustic looking sign for mojitos meant I was perilously close to adopting the hair of the dog hangover approach (has that actually ever worked for anyone?) but thankfully I came to my senses and settled on spending my pennies on a pair of rose gold cat eye sunglasses from The Little Deer instead.
Next we stumbled into London Fields School Yard market which was absolutely heaving with artisan food and amazing looking alcoholic ice-cream – again, one for another day. I didn’t take any pictures because, well, to be honest - I was violently hungover and trying not to be sick. Good job I was in a Primary School surrounded by families, then.
Broadway Market nursed us back to health with its stalls FULL of delicious food. I went for salted beef in a brioche bun and honestly, I think I tasted heaven. Thankfully it was a sunny day, so we spent pretty much a full afternoon sitting on benches and soaking up the atmosphere provided by street musicians and cute little dogs. Thanks to a spot of gentrification, Broadway market is – dare I say it – a bit of a hipster haven. Naturally, this meant a lot of French bulldogs were available to coo over, perfect for a hangover.
I’ve been to a fair few London markets and this trio is by far my favourite. The clothes stalls on offer are definitely more up my street, and there is absolutely no tat to be found. It’s a little on the pricey side, but I mean its London, and I didn’t expect any different. It’s worth noting that summer opening hours are a little different and the markets aren’t all open at the same time, as far as I know. I’ve had a google and provided the times below:

Netil Market opening hours: Sat 11am – 6pm // Sun 11am – 6pm
London Fields School Yard Market opening hours:  Sat closed // Sun 10am – 2pm
Broadway Market opening hours: Sat 9am – 5pm // Sun closed

Like this? Follow me on bloglovin
Sara x
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Have yet to explore that part on London but love your outfit! The leather jacket is gorgeous and we love the tan colour :)
    Feel free to check out our latest post x
    LOOK LOVE WEAR

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your outfit! I've never tried the hair of the dog approach either but everyone I know swears by it. Couldn't think of anything worse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice photos !

    Sara
    www.thecrimeofashion.com

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your lovely comments, i read and appreciate each one. If you comment i'll definitely check out your blog, however i'm not interested in following only for a follow back xo

© Studs On Saturday | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig