Sunday 29 September 2013

BACK TO BLACK (AND WHITE)




Waffle Knit Jumper – Topshop | White Asymmetric Skirt – Missguided £19.99 | Boots – Topshop via Next to Nowt | Rings – Topshop | Satchel – Primark

Ahhh, the time of year when it’s finally socially acceptable for me to dress myself head to toe in shades of black, white and grey is upon us again. Sartorially, winter is my friend. Practically, it is not. I took these shots a couple of weeks ago so was able to risk a bit of bare leg before I inevitably have to force my legs into thick black tights. When you read this post I will most likely be curled up in a very small ball after the madness of freshers week, as I’ve scheduled this post ahead of time in an attempt to (sort of) keep up to date with blogging while enjoying the first couple of weeks of partying, making friends and dragging myself into uni at the break of dawn.

I saw this amazing asymmetric skirt pop up on the Missguided website at the absolute bargain price of £19.99 and immediately ran to get my purse. Missguided, I hate you a bit for encouraging me to spend my hard earned pennies, but all is forgiven - you do make gorgeous clothes with student-friendly price tags. I’m sure you’re sick to death of seeing me wear my black buckled boots in every post but my blog is an honest reflection of my style (and frankly they are very comfy) so I hope you don’t mind too much. 

I filmed a quick video of this outfit with help from my friend Katie, you can check it out below! Anyway, that’s enough rambling from me for now, I’m off to buy myself some new shoes. 






Sara x
SHARE:

29 comments

  1. hahha same i've missed black & white!
    fashioncult
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This look is fab ! I love it so much !
    Sara,
    http://thecrimeofashion.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this outfit!
    You're so stunning, love the monochrome skirt and knit
    Also your hair is gorgeous!
    Sarah x
    http://thepalettee.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this outfit, you have a great look xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the jumper! looks so cosy. x

    stylesylvie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! Great trans-seasonal outfit :) xx
    abservations.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. The asymmetric style of this skirt is so perfect! I love the monochrome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. you look incredible! Really really love this look xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this simple, chic outfit! As I've gotten older, I've grown fond of neutrals, and I especially love black and white for winter. Your bag is amazing!

    Xo, Hannah

    sweetsweetnoir.net

    ReplyDelete
  10. the bag + the skirt = smexyness
    www.theprofashional1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great photography ;)
    Katie x
    prettylittlesecrets-ox.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. you look gorgeous, i love the skirt!

    xx | PixiRella

    ReplyDelete

  13. Hey there, loved your blog, just followed you on GFC, (220) would you mind to follow back?

    mandyshareslife.blogspot.com

    MandySharesLife FACEBOOK PAGE

    ReplyDelete
  14. New follower alert..Hello.
    I really like your style of writing. It's intriguing. I've been searching for blogs all night that write with a sense of wit and humour, I'm glad I found yours! I love this skirt, I'm currently preparing a post on Asymmetric wrap skirts and I think I shall include this!
    Wonderful.

    Love Annie x
    http://vagueedit.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  15. i love your bag! you look so pretty ^_^

    from Brigitte at // BreezeyBee Blog | BlogLovin'

    don't forget to enter my Real Techniques giveaway here

    ReplyDelete
  16. this skirt is so nice. and i love your hair! i need to get one of those skirts asap

    http://whothefuckismickjagger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. you look so lovely, amazing outfit!
    xx

    http://blueviolethearts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. its okay to wear monochrome any time of the year! was literally the colour palette of my summer wardrobe.
    This skirt is amazing, and looks so so good on you x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Loved your outfit posts amazing plus the video :) x

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I Love this outfit, Great Jumper and that skirt.. So FAB!
    Please take some time out & visit my blog
    www.stylesfrillsandheels.blogpsot,co.uk
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your style and blog!!!

    It would be great if we could follow each other!

    I am now following you on GFC and would love for you to follow me back!!

    Blog: http://www.stylememoirs.co.uk

    Instagram: http://instagram.com/clairexburgess
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. absolutely love that skirt, missguided have so many great bargains at the moment! that topshop jumper is definitely a staple wardrobe piece. i have it too and it's the comfiest jumper ever :)

    recently found your blog and i love it. followed you on GFC.

    charlotte x
    www.clxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. You look amazing, love the simple monochrome of this outfit

    Please come check out my latest post if you have time :)

    Fragile Bird | www.fragile-bird.blogspot.co.uk

    Helen

    x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love this skirt! I have a similar one in blue and white, love the asymmetric look!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your hair is freaking amazing xxx

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your lovely comments, i read and appreciate each one. If you comment i'll definitely check out your blog, however i'm not interested in following only for a follow back xo

© Studs On Saturday | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig